096 – How to Migrate Data within WordPress
- WordPress Webinar – Facebook (yourwebsiteengineer.com/webinar)
If you are interested in nominating this show as for a Podcast Award, please fill out the form so it looks identical to this one:
- I will be speaking at New Media Expo (#NMX) this upcoming January. More details to come!
- WPEngine Free 3 months of hosting
use coupon code hostober
WordPress Twenty Twelve Theme is now out! You can download from: wordpress.org/extend/themes/twentytwelve
Tools / Plugins
- Joe Cannon – I thought you would be the perfect person to ask this of. I sometimes update my posts as new information becomes available. As I add new information, I’d like to change the time stamp so my blog post reflects that it’s more recent. My question is would I lose any SEO juice by doing this? I often rank #1 in google for the products I review so I was curious
Jason asked about the “Enhanced Distribution” section of the JetPack Plugin. I let him know my thoughts on that.
How to Migrate Data within WordPress
- One thing that I would be interested in hearing you address is how to handle changes to the database. Do you ever migrate the data you use for developing new features or would you recreate them on the new site once those new features have been deployed? Or do you use WordPress’s import and export functionality?
– Widget Settings ImportExport
– Thank you to the following people for using my affiliate links. As you know I make a small commission when someone uses my link and I want to say thank you to the following people. For all my recommended resources, go to my Resources Page
– Peter I.
– Christopher H.
– Chad W.
– Josh W.
– CheVon B.
– 1 Person have used my Green Geeks Affiliate link since last week. Thank you!
– Three people have used my Backup Buddy Affiliate link since last week. Thank you!
Call To Action
- Sign up for webinar at YourWebsiteEngineer.com/webinar
– Contact me if you are interested in sharing your tools for next week’s episode