435 – Getting Your PHP Version Current
Is there a plugin for that?
With more than 50,000 plugins in the WordPress repository, it’s hard to find the perfect one. Each week, I will highlight an interesting plugin form the repository.
For more great plugins, download my 50 Most Useful Plugins eBook.
Getting Your PHP Version Current
Why are so many sites using old PHP versions?
- Website owners don’t know or care
- It’s time consuming to test for developers
- Web hosts don’t want to break sites, so they don’t automatically update all WordPress sites.
Why should we update to PHP 7.2?
- It’s faster than all previous versions
- Support, updates and patches
- It’s more secure
Check for compatibility
You can use the plugin Display PHP Version and it will display your PHP version on your WordPress Dashboard.
Also checkout PHP Compatibility Checker to run a test to make sure your plugins are compatible with PHP 7.2.
Thank you to those who use my affiliate links. As you know I make a small commission when someone uses my link and I want to say thank you to the following people. For all my recommended resources, go to my Resources Page