434 – How Do I Know if My WordPress Site is Hacked?
Is there a plugin for that?
With more than 50,000 plugins in the WordPress repository, it’s hard to find the perfect one. Each week, I will highlight an interesting plugin form the repository.
For more great plugins, download my 50 Most Useful Plugins eBook.
Catch Scroll Progress Bar is a simple yet handy WordPress plugin that provides a visual representation of how much of a blog post remains. As your reader scrolls down your web page, the progress bar begins to fill, indicating how much progress they’ve made.
How Do I Know if My WordPress Site is Hacked?
Here are a few things to look for to ensure that your WordPress has been hacked.
- Check to make sure your home page is what you think it should be
- Make sure your site is not running slower than normal
- Check to make sure your site isn’t spamming viewers with ads and popups
- See if traffic has decreased. If so, that could mean your site has been compromised
- Monitor to make sure files on your server aren’t being changed
- Double check to make sure there are no additional admin accounts on your site
- Make sure your admin account has not been deleted
Thank you to those who use my affiliate links. As you know I make a small commission when someone uses my link and I want to say thank you to the following people. For all my recommended resources, go to my Resources Page