431 – Prepare for an In-Person Event
Is there a plugin for that?
With more than 50,000 plugins in the WordPress repository, it’s hard to find the perfect one. Each week, I will highlight an interesting plugin form the repository.
For more great plugins, download my 50 Most Useful Plugins eBook.
Link Preview is a plugin you can add a preview to internal linked pages or posts.
Prepare for an In-Person Event
- Get business cards printed and have them in an easy to reach area
- Refine your elevator pitch
- Figure out how to take notes / store information
- Charge up your devices, figure out what you’ll bring and how to charge devices as the day goes on
- Check the schedule. Make note of the sessions you’d really like to go to
- Check the speakers list. Is there a speaker you’d really like to meet?
- Prepare to never sit alone. Make a new friend before opening remarks, during lunch, at the after party
- Bring a bag for swag. It’s a real pain to try to juggle all the free stuff.
- Make sure you are ready to share on social. Do you know what the event’s hashtag is?
- Don’t be overwhelmed. You might attend a session or two where you don’t know what the speaker is talking about and that’s okay.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Jeans and t-shirts are perfectly acceptable. You might have to walk to different areas of the venue, so comfy shoes are a must.
- Always attend the after party
Thank you to those who use my affiliate links. As you know I make a small commission when someone uses my link and I want to say thank you to the following people. For all my recommended resources, go to my Resources Page