186 – How to Send Your Opt In Freebee
- WordPress Webinar
- July 2nd, 10pm EST
- How to Manage Email Subscribers Thru WordPress with MailPoet
- Register Today
Is there a plugin for that?
With more than 50,000 plugins in the WordPress repository, it’s hard to find the perfect one. Each week, I will highlight an interesting plugin form the repository.
For more great plugins, download my 50 Most Useful Plugins eBook.
Today’s plugin of the week is Pretty Link Lite This is one of the most useful plugins to easily create short memorable URLS. It makes it easy to remember links to posts you reference all the time or affiliate links
How to Send Your Opt In Freebee
- You could reply to every person when they sign up with an email with an attachment.
- This isn’t good because people want the item they signed up for instantly.
- It’s simple to start this way, but what if your site grows in popularity and you have hundreds of signups per day?
- Plus attachments aren’t best as the clutter up people’s inboxes, cause people to have to download the attachment when loading emails in clients
- Automatically with Attachments in Email Marketing Company
- Automatically is best as people can consume your free content when it’s convenient for them.
- First create a confirm your email address email message. Most of the time the message is automatically created, but add your personality to it.
- Next create a welcome message, letting people know how to download their free goodies.
- Upload the eBook / guide / free report to your email marketing server.
- Note: most companies only allow so many megabytes worth of files to be uploaded.
- This method doesn’t need to have Autoresponders on for the account. This is a simple sign up process.
- This isn’t ideal because if you move away from the email marketing company, then people can’t redownload your freebee.
- Automatically with Attachments in WordPress
- Very similar to the steps above with a few exceptions
- Upload your freebee to your WordPress Media Library
- Select edit to get the direct link to the file
- In your email marketing software, create a link to download your content and use the link from WordPress.
- I personally like to create a Pretty Link for my free download so:
- When I change update my ebook, I don’t have to edit the welcome email address
- I can see the number of times people have clicked on the link quickly and easily without opening up my email marketing software.
- Create a page on your WordPress site to direct visitors that has the download attached to it, along with some bonus content like a thank you video, popular posts and more. Make your subscribers feel welcome!
Call To Action
- Sign up for next webinar