147 – Keep Your Site Secure and Take Secure Online Payments
2 Upcoming WordPress Webinars
- You’re Doing it Wrong – 13 mistakes WordPress users make
- October 4th 10am EST
- Register for webinar
- Classroom: Create a WordPress Theme from Scratch
- October 11th, 10am EST
- $10 before event starts
- Register for classroom
- Video Tutorial on Retina Images coming soon.
- FinCon13 is October 17-20th and I’ll be speaking
- WordPress Developer’s Training
- I’ll will be starting another round of my developer training on October 7th. It’s a four week long course that will take you from a hobbyist to WordPress developer.
- Jetpack 2.5 is available
- WordPress 3.6.1 is available
- WordPress iOS 3.8.1 is available
- FinCon13 Meet Up
- St. Louis Bread Company (Panara Bread) at 581 Pine Street, St. Louis, MO. It’s only .4mi from the hotel. Email me Dustin@YourWebsiteEngineer.com if you plan on coming!
Tools / Plugins
Better WP Security is a plugin created by Chris Wiegman and Bit51. Chris is a Senior Developer for Springbox in Austin, TX and an adjunct faculty member in Computer Science at St. Edwards University and has created a remarkable free plugin called Better WP Security.
In this episode, we discuss how Better WP Security works, why he created the plugin and much more!
Thanks Chris for joining me on the show this week!
Stripe vs Paypal
In today’s episode I have the honor of speaking with Dave Clements from DoItWithWP.com about the differences and benefits of using Stripe over Paypal. Here are some of the questions we talk about in the interview:
- What is Stripe?
- Who shouldn’t use Stripe?
- Why is Stripe the new PayPal?
- Are the payment fees better?
- Can you do subscriptions?
- One benefit of PayPal is I don’t need an SSL certificate, is this true with Stripe?
- How can I incorporate Stripe into my WordPress site?
Call To Action
- Install Better WP Security today!
- Sign up for next webinar
- Register for next YWE Classroom to learn how to build a WordPress theme.