- WordPress Webinar about Version Control (February 1st)
Sign Up at: http://YourWebsiteEngineer.com/webinar
- Still time to sign up for the Advanced WordPress Developer Training
What is it?
- - A four week training series that I walk you through some of advanced development techniques that I use to run my business.
- - Videos are recorded complete with me writing code, zoom in, so you feel like you are sitting right next to me
- - Short assignments each week to ensure you have mastered the concepts
How is this different from the other courses out there?
- - 100% Access to me during the four week session via email – an email that comes from you will be answered as quickly as I can
- - Weekly Calls – each week I will spend time with the group to answer any questions they may have. I doesn’t even have to be over that week’s course material
- - Group Forums – You will have access to get other participants feedback on ideas that you are working on
- - Did I mention that it’s lifetime access?
This will be the last time I offer this course as this price, so don’t delay. You can sign up thru January 29th at http://YourWebsiteEngineer.com/awdt
Joey from Singapore (nomady.net)
Hope you are well! You may remember that I previously asked a question on a tweak I want for my website. As suggested by you, I contacted Randy and Sean from beautomated.com, but my budget was not met, so they directed me to their affiliate partner, Tweaky.com. I remember you mentioning this service on your podcast, too.
Anyways, things turned out very well, and everything was completed real quick with very affordable price of USD 117 (USD 39 per tweak x3). They made 3 tweaks in WP loops, one each for index.php, category.php and tag.php to achieve what I wanted. Actually, the tweak they made in each php file is all same, so I could have paid USD 39 only for 1 tweak, and copied the codes for the 2 other php files by myself, but I was happy to pay all and get everything done by them. Now my requested feature on the website (http://nomady.net/) works like a charm…!
This is a great service that I can recommend to anyone.
Andrew Blane (Gravity Forms Question)
- Tool Tips – I don’t think there is an solution for this, but they do a great job of handling this themselves
- Gravity Forms – Placeholders Add-On (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gravity-forms-placeholders/)
Brian Wallace (http://www.physicianassistantexamreview.com/)
- I don’t think it’s going to slow down your site, but it could mess up the formatting of your posts and pages
- There are a couple of ways to handle this.
- When I paste content in, I always past into the HTML (or now called text) box and not the visual. This will only paste in the text with no formatting
- Or you can use the “Paste as Plain Text” option in the visual editor. It’s on the second row and it looks like a little clipboard with a T on it.
- One word of caution, it will remove all text formatting, bullets, etc.
How to Work Through Theme or Plugin Conflicts
Thanks to Matt (mskdigitalmedia.com) for the topic suggestion
Step by Step Approach to Work Through Conflicts
- Install a Maintenance Mode Plugin
- Change your theme to a default theme (twentyten / twentyeleven / twentytwelve)
- Deactivate all plugins (yes this will be messy!)
- Reactivate plugins one – by – one
- If that doesn’t fix the problem, it might be a hosting issue – contact your host
- If you are still having problems, feel free to contact the developer
Call To Action
- Sign up for Advanced WordPress Developer Training at http://YourWebsiteEngineer.com/awdt
Do you like my new introduction? Answer in the comments
My goal is to help inspire you to make amazing things online, whether that be creating websites for clients or developing plugins for users or even if just tinkering with your personal blog, there is so much we can do with WordPress, I’m going to show you how.Published on: 23 Jan | Podcast | 6 responses| Tags: