Facebook Fan Pages to Timeline
Facebook is rolling out some big changes on Friday, March 30th.
1. Cover Images – the dimension for this image is 851px by 315px and there are some rules about what can not be used as a cover image. Here they are straight from Facebook:
- Price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it on socialmusic.com”.
- Contact information such as a website address, email, mailing address, or information that should go in your Page’s “About” section.
- References to Facebook features or actions, such as “Like” or “Share” or an arrow pointing from the cover photo to any of these features.
- Calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends.”
2. Facebook is no longer allowing us to set a default landing tab
3. Facebook tabs are now different. You can have up to 12 tabs but only 4 display at a time.
4. Timeline gives companies the ability to add when their company was founded and other events in the past.
Pat Flynn has a great post with videos to show you how to make these changes.
Tools / Plugins
Leaflet Maps Marker WordPress Plugin
Back in episode 020, I shared an easy way to add a google map to your WordPress site. Today I share a new tool that you can find at: mapsmarker.com/
What about Squarespace?
Brad wrote in and asked a question about using SquareSpace for his website. Listen in to hear my recommendation.
Email Address Question
William had a question about different theories of email addresses.
How to Change Your Blog Layout Question
Andrea called in and left a question about how to change her blog layout in her WordPress website.
Page Speed Online
New tool I found this past week is page speed online. It’s a tool made by Google to help you find the things that you need to do to improve your website loading speed. Check out: developers.google.com/pagespeedPublished on: 28 Mar | Podcast | no responses| Tags: blog