482 – Managing a Website Leading Up to a Conference
Is there a plugin for that?
With more than 50,000 plugins in the WordPress repository, it’s hard to find the perfect one. Each week, I will highlight an interesting plugin form the repository.
For more great plugins, download my 50 Most Useful Plugins eBook.
Woo recently sold items list shows the products recently sold on your WooCommerce store.
Managing a Website Leading Up to a Conference
We recently held our second Functional Medicine CE Virtual Symposium.
Here are the notes for the things we did pre and post conference.
- Tagged all of our subscribers in ConvertKit for the products they purchased
- Had WooCommerce automatically create accounts when they purchased
- Ran Facebook campaigns to drive more traffic to the website
- Set up a few strategic affiliates for the conference (with coupon codes and links)
- My wife did social media posts (Facebook and Instagram) stories and cross posting
- Sent an email to all attendees a few days before to have the Zoom links
- Day of, turned on automation with AutomateWoo to automatically send Zoom details.
- Processed the 7 hours of videos into 5 individual videos
- Added them to the correct membership pages with WooCommerce Memberships
- Added the copy / CE details to the account pages
- Processed the live CE credits and sent them a separate email
- Emailed all attendees how to log into their account.
Still to do:
- Optimize the shop page to sell the replays
- Beautify the account pages
Thank you to those who use my affiliate links. As you know I make a small commission when someone uses my link and I want to say thank you to the following people. For all my recommended resources, go to my Resources Page