422 – Creating Reusable Blocks in WordPress 5.0
Is there a plugin for that?
With more than 50,000 plugins in the WordPress repository, it’s hard to find the perfect one. Each week, I will highlight an interesting plugin form the repository.
For more great plugins, download my 50 Most Useful Plugins eBook.
Dynamic Recipient for Contact Form 7 is a plugin that dynamically sets the recipient of a contact form based on the page the form is embedded.
Creating Reusable Blocks in WordPress 5.0
Creating a reusable block is great. It allows you to quickly add the same type of content to a new post or page without having to copy / paste from other places.
To create a new reusable block:
- Create a new block and format it as you’d like
- Click on the three dots in the editor bar and select reusable block
To use a reusable block:
- Add a new block and scroll to the reusable block section (at the bottom)
- Select the block and it will be added to your post
To modify a reusable block:
- Click on the edit button inside the block and make the changes
- Note: all blocks site wide will update with changes
To have a different reusable block:
- Add new reusable block to your post or page
- Convert to regular block
- Make edits to block
- Now when the block is updated, this one will stay the same
Thank you to those who use my affiliate links. As you know I make a small commission when someone uses my link and I want to say thank you to the following people. For all my recommended resources, go to my Resources Page