392 – A Look Inside an Automattic Team Meetup Week
Is there a plugin for that?
With more than 50,000 plugins in the WordPress repository, it’s hard to find the perfect one. Each week, I will highlight an interesting plugin form the repository.
For more great plugins, download my 50 Most Useful Plugins eBook.
Years Since is a plugin that can help you to keep your website updated with dates on your about page etc.
A Look Inside an Automattic Team Meetup Week
- Up at 4:30am to get to the airport in Dayton
- Landed in Montreal and navigated to the hotel by 11:30am
- Live chat and tickets with the team
- O’Noir with the team for dinner
- Quick 40 minute walk to start the morning
- 9am roll call
- WooCommerce case studies (sample examples of store configurations) until lunch
- More case study work until about 5:30pm
- Quick call home with the family
- WordPress 15th celebration with the Montreal WordPress Meetup Group
- Dinner at Else’s with teammates
- Bed by 11pm
- Up early for a walk (70 minutes)
- Met the team at 9:30a
- Spent time setting up a complex Booking / Subscription / Membership site
- Quick lunch and ate on the hotel’s rooftop
- Metro to the other side of the city for team building activity of Escape the Room
- Back to the office for 2 hours of wrap-up work for the day
- A handful went to a karaoke place and a few hiked up Mont Royal to watch the full moon rise. It was awesome!
- Then walked back to the hotel for an awesome 20,000+ step day
- Recorded podcast and published
- Up early for another walk
- Got to the coworking space early to take care of some personal moving items
- Worked on Case Study 4
- Venezuelan lunch
- Axe throwing at Rage
- Notre Dame light show
- Localmattician dinner
- Drinks and dessert on the rooftop of the hotel
- Later start to the day with the team, still took a long walk since I’d be traveling most of the day
- First order of business was to take a team photo and it included Jen on an iPad since she wasn’t able to make the trip
- Then we worked a bit on wrapping up the team project
- I took a Tesla Taxi to the airport
- Flew to Atlanta, (sidenote, I hate flying the wrong direction when traveling)
- Sat in Atlanta for a few hours and watched the NBA finals
- Finally made it home at 12:30am Eastern time
- I learned a lot about my team mates while walking to events
- I picked up some neat workflows that will make me more efficient
- I enjoyed sharing my knowledge about WooCommerce to those who don’t focus on WooCommerce support
Thank you to those who use my affiliate links. As you know I make a small commission when someone uses my link and I want to say thank you to the following people. For all my recommended resources, go to my Resources Page
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get regular WordPress content delivered right to your inbox.