094 – Sell Digital Products on your WordPress Site
Read about GoDaddy Security Breech in a blog post I wrote last week.
Tools / Plugins
Kristi Mallet – How to hide a page from search engines. Will not linking to the page work?
– First, do not post a link anywhere
– Use Yoast SEO (or other SEO plugins) and select no-follow from the advanced section on that particular post or page.
Sell Digital Products on Your WordPress Site
- Create the content (audio, video, written)
- Upload your content to your web server
- Link / Embed / Attach your content to a WordPress page – IMPORTANT – this page should not be easily found
- Password Protect this page
- Create a summary sheet that give people access to your page that’s password protected
- Upload this to the media library
- Create a short link to this document (using Pretty Link Lite)
- Sign up for an account with e-junkie
- Add a new product to e-junkie
- Name the product and select redirection and give your item a price. Nothing else should be checked. It will automatically generate an item number
- Paste in the redirection URL (from previous step)
- Set download link validity and item expiration (if necessary)
- Next screen gives you the ability to cross promote your products
- Finally, you will get “Add to Cart” and “View Cart” code
- Paste this information into WordPress on your Products / Shop page
Thank you to the following people for using my affiliate links. As you know I make a small commission when someone uses my link and I want to say thank you to the following people. For all my recommended resources, go to my Resources Page.