175 – 8 Things to Look for in a WordPress Demo Theme
- Daily Blogcast for Internet Marketing with Mark and Brian Episode 106
- WordPress 3.8.2 Security Release is available
- Fixes 9 bugs and 3 security hardening changes
- If you are running WordPress 3.7.1, then you’ll update to WordPress 3.7.2
- WordPress 3.9. Release Candidate is available
- The plan is to ship next week
- No more changes features added to the beta, just last minute fixes
- WordPress.org rolls out new profiles
- Great way to keep track of your
- Work at Automattic (Summer 2014 Internship)
- Applications are due May 1st
- WordCamp North Canton
- May 2 & 3
Tools / Plugins
- WordPress Reset is a plugin that restores the WordPress database back to it’s default state and wipes out all customizations. Only resets the database and not any theme or plugin files.
8 Questions to Ask When Selecting WordPress Theme
- Is everything in the demo included in the theme?
- Does the theme come with dummy content?
- Does the theme come with a user guide?
- Does this restaurant site actually have to be for a restaurant website?
- Do I really need 24 sliders and 79 color schemes?
- Is this theme 100% customizable? ie Drag and Drop
- Is support important to me?
- Are you willing to hire a programmer if the developer quits or discontinues a theme?