108 – The Dangers of the functions.php File
– WordPress Webinar on Custom Post Types on January 4th at 10am EST (http://yourwebsiteengineer.com/webinar)
Advanced WordPress Developers Course
– Last week in January
– Take your developer skills to a whole new level
– Sign up below to be notified
Become an insider and get exclusive deals + free eBook!
No Spam. Not Ever. We Hate it Too!
– Premium Content will begin in January! Join the mailing list to find out more!
Tools / Plugins
One of the great features in WordPress that is rarely mentioned is oEmbeds. This give the ability for WordPress users to simply paste a link (the main URL) to their YouTube video (and other services) directly into their visual editor. This saves a blog / website owner from learning how to find the embed code, format the application to be the correct size, then switch to the HTML editor to paste in the code.
Dave Clements (http://doitwithwp.com/)
Some of the questions that were covered on today’s episode:
– Tell me a little about yourself. Who is Dave Clements?
– How long have you been using WordPress?
– Why do you cringe when I mention adding code to your functions.php file?
– Where should I be putting this code?
– Is it hard to create my own plugins?
– Can I put several snippets of code in one plugin?
– How can I make sure that some the website owner doesn’t accidentally turn off my plugin or remove it
Call To Action
– Sign up for webinar at http://yourwebsiteengineer.com/webinar