091 – Nine Ways to Find Paying WordPress Clients
- New Format for Upcoming Shows
– Lock Down Your WordPress Website Webinar. Register Today.
– Giving away an iPhone case
– Send a tweet saying “I enjoy learning about WordPress by listening to @DustinHartzler Your Website Engineer’s podcast: http://yourwebsiteengineer.com”
Tools / Plugins
Generate space ipsum generic text to fill your theme with space related text spaceipsum.com
Andy (lehmancreations.com) – What app do you use for google reader on your phone?
Ted - Best WordPress Auction Plugin?
WP Auctions – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-auctions
WordPress Auctions Plugin – http://sitemile.com/products/wordpress-auctions-plugin/
Nine Ways to Find Paying WordPress Clients
- Job Boards
- Use keyword searches to find people who are talking about WordPress
– Be helpful before telling them how much it’s going to cost
– I tend to show them how to do it to build trust
- Show off your work
- Nothing says work with me than look at the cool stuff I have created
– Gives future client an idea of your skills
- Make sure your website is updated
- It’s hard to keep on top of our own sites, but this should be a priority
- Be very detailed on what the client will receive
- Do you update WordPress, plugins, etc.?
– Do you give away any changes monthly?
- Give information away!
- Like blogging about things in the news
– Or creating videos
– All of these thing will rank in Google and lead potential clients right to your door
- Get testimonials from previous clients
- Design a simple form that you send to clients that they can answer questions
– What way the best thing working with Dustin…
– Would you recommend the service to your friends
– How could we have been more awesome?
– Is there anything else that you’d like to add?
– Add a checkbox that says “Is it okay to use this on my website?”
- Ask for referrals
- Once you finish up with a client, ask them if they know of anyone in the market for a website.
– Offer a referral bonus to people when they bring you a new client
– Or you can offer a free month’s of hosting or free domain renewal
- Send an email to past clients
- This could lead to more work
— Dustin Hartzler (@DustinHartzler) August 29, 2012
Call To Action
- Sign up for webinar at http://yourwebsiteengineer.com/webinar
– Win a free iPhone case! To enter: Leave a comment below with a way you find paying WordPress clients, leave a review on iTunes or tweet that you enjoy the show (please include @DustinHartzler and a link to YourWebsiteEngineer.com)